Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. The location listed on the job description is simply so our jobs get picked up by job boards as they require a specific location. Being Virtual First means, location is flexible, so please feel free to apply to any position regardless of the location listed. Final location will be determined, by teams and individuals as the hiring process unfolds.
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
The Revenue Accountant will support our revenue accounting operations for Dropbox Business including establishing accounting policies and internal controls, developing technical accounting conclusions, collaborating with partners in Channel Sales to help establish and scale a robust channel sales program, and support our monthly close procedures. The Revenue Accountant will report to the Revenue Manager. This role will add to a growing team in Austin and may include light travel primarily between Austin and San Francisco.
- Draft and develop accounting conclusions in accordance with ASC606 to support Dropbox’s increasingly complex go-to-market initiatives
- Prepare analysis to support accounting conclusions and ensure adherence to Accounting Policies
- Build positive relationships with global Channel Sales organization, Revenue Accounting team and senior management in order to effectively resolve issues
- Assist in the design and scaling of revenue accounting processes, including revenue recognition and deferred revenue related to Dropbox products
- Work closely with the AR team in Dublin to understand billing processes and systems for Channel partners
- Contribute in the monthly and quarterly financial close, ensuring accurate and timely results are delivered to management
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and assist in refining revenue accounting processes and procedures with a focus on continuous improvements
- Assist with and manage various ad-hoc project as needed
- 3-5 years experience in revenue accounting with a Big 4 accounting firm or a top-tier tech company; CPA a plus
- Experience in applying revenue accounting guidance (ASC 606) for SaaS companies a plus
- Top performer who is willing to dive into the details and who is looking to gain experience and grow with Dropbox
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, but also comfortable with ambiguity
- Execution-focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer.