Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, recruits, trains and evaluates hall staff including assistant resident director staff (if applicable), resident assistants, and desk receptionists.
- Provides resources and support for hall/area activities and programs.
- Advises a hall or area council.
- Serves as a liaison with other offices and departments.
- Acts as the primary conduct officer in the assigned residential area.
- Participates in the departmental on-call duty and emergency response system.
- Maintains the facilities in the hall(s) in cooperation with the Facilities Department.
- Provides advice, support, assistance and referrals to resident students regarding academic, housing, personal or other concerns.
- Maintains office hours for residents and staff.
- Provides administrative functions for the day to day operation the assigned hall/area.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience:
Master Degree in college student personnel, higher education or human services field required. Live-in required. Experience working in residence life or student affairs required.
Must have an understanding and appreciation for the Jesuit mission of Loyola University Chicago.
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.