Life is about choices and seizing the opportunity to demonstrate your talent, ambition and ideas. At U.S. Cellular, you’ll find a broad array of resources to enable and advance your career with access to benefits that give you the comfort you need to plan with confidence for your future from day one. As an associate within a highly supportive team that is defined by a diverse and inclusive culture, mutual respect and innovation, you’ll be empowered to make a positive difference that leads to your success. Success that only you can define. Embrace possibility at U.S. Cellular.
The Manager I&B crafts and implements strategies and tactics sought at building a sense of belonging for all associates. By leading company-wide initiatives, the Manager I&B works to include and demonstrate the ideas of underrepresented associates for improved business results. This role develops, equips, and assesses leaders and organizational practices that build a more engaging work environment. As a key change agent, the I&B Manager will embed expansive processes, policies and approaches into our UScellular culture and practices.
Job duties and accountabilities
- Makes I&B practices simple and scalable for leaders and associates. Designs, develops, and delivers company-wide comprehensive leadership training!
- Partners with Learning and Development team to integrate I&B learning with company leader development path.
- Provides assessment and mentoring for leaders in Cultural Competence
- Crafts policies, processes or practices that increase inclusion, demonstrates new insights, and involves employees that are underrepresented or marginalized! Socializes research-based thinking.
- Leads Associate Resource Group (ARG) infrastructure. Provides support and leader development and coaching to ARG National Leads and Executive Sponsors. Guides the ARG tactical planning process and ensures alignment with D&I, HR and company strategy.
- Identifies systemic barriers to inclusion, equity and adapts strategies and tactics to overcome these barriers.
- Collaborates with HR and Diversity leaders to achieve company-wide goals in the areas of employee engagement, inclusion, talent and supplier diversity.
- Establishes relationships with external organizations that support D&I strategy especially in Talent Recruiting, Community Outreach and STEM. Communicates D&I strategy, tactics progress with key internal and external partners.
- Works with community and professional organizations; serves on related advisory boards where appropriate.
- Actively engages with industry, community, talent or partners as a champion for the Talent, Corporate and D&I brand. Represents D&I and corporate brand internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organization Development, Psychology or a related subject area plus 5-10 years of HR and/or Diversity and Inclusion experience
- Shown subject matter expertise in DEIB
- Integrative problem solver who builds cross-functional coalitions and project teams
- Experience in organization development and/or leader development
- Demonstrable skills in influencing without formal authority and communicate efficiently at multiple levels of management
- Engages group facilitation and public speaking skills
- Experience with organization assessment metrics, tools and techniques
- Strong networking, community building and advocacy skills
- Involvement with organizations as well as outreach activities a plus
- Innovative and adaptive leader
- Ability to scope, prioritize and lead change initiatives
- Deep understanding of diversity, talent, and engagement