The role is responsible for analyzing internal performance data and external industry data to provide strategic marketing recommendations for a line of business. The position will serve as a key "point of contact" for line of business strategy and is accountable for staying abreast of company, customer base, and industry developments. This position will facilitate collaborations across functional groups to evolve the line of business marketing strategy, develop annual strategic planning guidance, and provide quarterly recommendations for planning focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining and evolving the marketing strategy, annual strategic planning, and quarterly strategic planning deliverables for a line of business.
- Build strong, effective coalitions with key stakeholders in Multi-Channel Sales Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Corporate Strategy to ensure transparency and deep engagement throughout the strategy development and socialization processes.
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to ensure line of business marketing and communication planning activities align to a cohesive marketing strategy and address target customer segment objectives.
- Develop and maintain competitive awareness of rate plans, handsets, products & services by customer segment, market geography and channel.
- Ensures line of business cross-functional team has understanding around customer segment needs and competitive landscape as it pertains to pricing, product offerings, usage, promotions, and distribution channels.
- Collaborate with marketing effectiveness to develop strategy-specific performance indicators for the line of business.
- Deliver periodic line of business performance analysis reporting that provides insightful feedback into the effectiveness of existing strategies and recommends new strategic guidance moving forward.
- Identify and drive opportunities for deep-dive analysis of critical topics to create deeper insight into potential opportunities or threats.
- Demonstrate leadership and influence with senior management and key stakeholders across the enterprise, leveraging that credibility to make impactful strategic recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- 7+ years of business experience that includes business strategy, planning, and marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills needed.
- Wireless industry experience desirable.
- Passion for building customer value and supporting front line associates
- Driven, analytic and strategic minded Marketer who has demonstrated the ability to navigate significant competitive pressures and has had success in delivering results in a dynamic environment serving multiple business needs.
- Proven leader with outstanding communication and facilitation skills who can champion highly visible strategies that impact the direction and performance of the entire company.
- MBA preferred
- Prefer experience with strategy development and strategic analysis
- Experience with wireless data products and services a strong plus
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.