Who are we:
At the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena, our team is changing the game when it comes to creating a memorable fan experience. As an organization, we rock a bold attitude that focuses on teamwork, authenticity, & innovation. The fans are our passion, and their positive experiences are what propel us to create a world class sports & live entertainment environment. We recognize that to create a great experience for our fans, it starts with creating a great culture for our employees. We work hard and run fast, yet we take the time to appreciate the details in the work we do and celebrate our successes. At the end of the day, we are a sports & live entertainment group that strives to do things a little differently and do them well. It also doesn’t hurt that we hold the keys to a brand-new world-class arena (State Farm Arena), an amazing brand, an exciting basketball organization and a wide variety of live events.
Who are you:
You have a passion for people and ensuring they have a world-class employee experience is your mission. You display good common sense, judgment – knowing when issues need to be raised. You effectively prioritize and thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness. You are highly organized, have an exceptional attention to detail, and enjoy being customer focused, this is the opportunity for you.
Our Guiding Principles:
Speaks candidly about performance and business issues and offers information and guidance when it’s needed to make decisions that affect our team members, fans and business results.
Delivers results by building strong relationships based on trust and understanding.
We embrace, encourage and respect different points of view from all our team members to make better decisions regardless of title or position.
We are fearless and progressive innovators that work together to provide our fans with a world-class experience.
We are selfless individuals acting on behalf of our fans, team members, and entire company. We work cooperatively with each other to demonstrate behaviors that lead to successful outcomes without sacrificing long-term value for short-term results.
What you will do:
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will provide a high level of customer focused HR support to the assigned business unit(s) within the organization. The HR Business Partner will provide “one stop shopping” to business leaders and provide people related solutions to drive high performance in the department, COE and/or organization.
The HRBP will collaborate with Business Leaders to ensure the delivery of key business objectives in alignment with the People Strategy, and HR processes.
The HRBP will provide data driven, strategy and tactical guidance and counsel on all aspects of the employee life-cycle. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- Conducts regular meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with People Leaders, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of human resources experience at a professional level to include exposure to HR administration, recruiting, benefits and training.
- Minimum 3 years of HRIS experience, Workday experience strongly preferred.
- Prior demonstrated work experience handling confidential and sensitive data as part of job responsibilities.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills, presentation skills and customer service skills.
- Previous professional interaction with all levels of an organization and with external contacts.
- Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple daily tasks and work within tight deadlines.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing priorities. Excellent follow through.
- PHR, SHRM-CP certification a plus.