The Business Advisor position at the Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce involves a high level of client interaction and relationship building with different stakeholders. It requires an individual that is detail-orientated, bilingual (English/Spanish), and able to manage multiple tasks to meet performance expectations.
IHCC is looking specifically for an advisor that has experience in accounting and/or finance that can help clients build and understand basic financial statements and develop increased financial literacy to better inform their business decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide one-on-one counseling, with a specific focus on helping small businesses develop recovery and resiliency plans in response to the new challenges and opportunities that have emerged in the COVID economy. Business advisors are responsible for arranging and scheduling their own meetings.
- Consult small businesses on the development of marketing plans, providing guidance and resources from strategy through implementation.
- Research and analyze member and community needs in relation to marketing.
- Schedule and deliver training workshops as needed.
- Develop internal and external resources to accomplish project objectives.
- Coordinate and cultivate relationships with various key stakeholders and groups.
- Keep ongoing communication with clients and respond to their specific needs.
- Effectively manage administrative tasks, such as maintaining a current and accurate database of client notes, workshops and webinars delivered, and other reporting requirements per the project guidelines.
- Obtain information on client status including business growth, jobs created, business expansions, loans obtained, success stories and more.
- Live tweet, FB and instagram events and recognize and tag sponsors and/or members.
- Build and maintain relationships with local and national media outlets and manage public relations for IHCC including planning media interviews, drafting press releases/media advisories alerts and op-ed’s.
- Provide support with event planning
****Other IHCC duties might apply
Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (marketing, communications, media relations, journalism or digital marketing) from an accredited institution of higher learning and/or 5+ years related professional experience.
- Strong marketing and sales background with experience in or knowledge of all of the key marketing functions
- Digital Marketing, social media management and media-relations skills are required.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management systems.
- General background in business administration with knowledge of basic business functions, e.g., sales, marketing, operations, HR, and business strategy
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Ability to grasp terms and details
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Excellent written, verbal communication and listening skills
- Project a professional and positive image in dress, body language and attitude when representing IHCC
- Google: Gmail and Google docs
- Apple products
- Preferred: Adobe Creative Suite & Adobe Photoshop and/or Canvas
- Preferred: Photography & Video editing
- Preferred: Podcasting
- Preferred: Salesforce
Please submit all cover letters and resumes to Ivette Trevino at email@example.com. Include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
Dependent on experience and education.