Who are we?
Since its founding in 2008, Roc Nation has grown into the world’s preeminent entertainment company. We work in every aspect of modern entertainment—with recording artists and producers, songwriters and athletes. Our client list includes some of the world’s most recognizable names: from Rihanna, Shakira, J. Cole, and Big Sean to Kyrie Irving, Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, and Robinson Cano. We are a full-service organization, supporting our diverse roster of talent via artist management, music publishing, touring, production, strategic brand development and beyond. We’ve forged strong partnerships with the world’s leading experts in artist management, technology, fashion, and philanthropy, and are redefining the business of entertainment.
Who are you?
Motivated, driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Roc Nation, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Roc Nation, a joint venture of Live Nation is seeking a Social Impact and Responsibility Manager. The Philanthropy department at Roc Nation serves as a social impact hub, helping athletes, artists, partners, and the company as a whole maximize the impact of charitable giving and activism by providing comprehensive philanthropic support. The Manager, Social Impact and Responsibility assumes the management of client accounts (clients with and without charitable foundations) in the philanthropy department. S/he is responsible for effectively researching, implementing and growing strategic charitable programs for select clients, department and company wide initiatives . S/he systematically tracks and analyzes the results of the clients’ charitable programs and initiatives for continuous improvement. S/he also helps support company-wide community initiatives and programs.
Client Foundation Management Services
- Assist directors with overseeing a portfolio of clients with charitable foundations and ensure effective management of these institutions including:
- Mission and vision development
- Strategic planning
- Board and donor relations
- Fundraising and revenue procurement
- Expense monitoring and compliance
- Marketing and communications
- Program management execution and evaluation
Research and Strategic Partnerships
- Vet all strategic charitable partnership opportunities using frameworks and benchmarks developed by the philanthropy department
- Provide thorough and grounded research to support the development and implementation of philanthropy programs, assisting in unifying, multiplying and amplifying client’s charitable foundations and program initiatives
- Recommend authentic, impactful and creative client-charity collaborations for department head’s review and approval to present to clients
Advisement and Support
- Work with philanthropy team to review and assess state of existing and new charitable programs and recommend course of action
- Suggest alternative structures for giving based on client needs when appropriate and execute accordingly
Program Management & Execution
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative client and vendor relationships with respect to objectives, work plans, recommendations, risks/roadblocks, and implementation plan
- Research, design, develop, execute and evaluate program models that effectively and efficiently address charitable goals and their impact internally, locally, nationally and internationally
Impact Measurement and Reporting
- Provide monthly reports to Managing Director on progress with clients.
- Maintain clean and accurate accounts of all client initiatives and programs
- Ensure that all materials meet legal, auditing, IRS, and Foundation requirements.
- Maintain oversight of legal, compliance and finance matters for Foundation grantmaking, such as overseeing grantmaking due diligence, reviewing financial statements, and liaising with key internal departments, such as Finance and Legal.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of partners and programs, including site visits where needed.
- BA/BS required with at least 5 years of experience within the nonprofit and philanthropic sector
- Spanish speaking skills highly desirable
- Computer proficiency with MS Office products; building database reports, presentations, managing customized email communications to small and broad networks and audiences
- Experience managing and navigating social media communications
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills and ability to connect with various constituencies including youth, parents/guardians, professional peers, executive level managers, talent across all industries
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, work on weekends and late evenings as necessary
- Strong ability to work independently as well as within and across teams in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- A warm and unpretentious individual with high integrity who is committed to excellence, practices good judgment, exudes credibility, shares an authentic passion for cause-driven work
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.