The successful candidate will join NBCUniversal and Fandango at an exciting time where we are transforming from an operational, tool-based cyber defense program into an intelligence and threat-based organization. The successful candidate will work directly with our Fandango software engineering teams to shape the future of cyber defense at NBCUniversal.
The Senior Cyber Security Application Engineer will function as a technical and engineering subject matter expert for various Cyber Security technology areas. They will partner with Fandango software engineering teams to deploy and sustain secure solutions by understanding the technical aspects of the business problems and applying sound security engineering knowledge and experience.
• 5+ years of combined experience in software development and security engineering
• Security code review and flaw mitigation preferably in C#, .Net, and Java
• Solid understanding of OWASP Top 10, or SANS CWE 25
• Experience developing threat models
• Subject Matter Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Hands-on coding and basic software design and architecture
- Linux operating systems
- Containers and container orchestration systems
- Public cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
• Experience with designing and securing web applications deployed to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Intellectual capability and curiosity to learn complex processes. strategic thinking and decision-making
• Ability to balance multiple demands in a fast-paced growing environment
• A dedicated and self-driven desire to think creatively and produce results
• Ability to coordinate, work with and gain the trust of business stakeholders, technical resources, and third-party vendors
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or equivalent hands on experience
• Working knowledge of any of the following frameworks is a plus: PCI DSS, NIST 800-53/800-88, CRM, ISO 270001, GLBA
• A love for filmed entertainment
• A career passion for designing secure e-commerce web applications within filmed entertainment
• Be flexible, and have a creative approach to business, with demonstrated track record of aligning technical objectives and programs to enterprise objectives and strategies
• Be Highly collaborative; personally, and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standard
• Strong sense of urgency and commitment, as well as sound business sense with a strategic, conceptual and operational orientation
• Careful listener with the confidence to make crisp and tough decisions about difficult issues; natural propensity to make others feel that their view points and perspectives are adequately considered
• Disciplined engineers and software developers interested in cyber defense and secure system development life cycles are strongly preferred.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.