Oversees multiple smaller projects or one larger project. Identifies potential project team, works with technical lead to assign individual responsibilities, identifies appropriate resources needed, develops schedule to ensure timely completion of project, and monitors project progress against schedule. May communicate with a Senior Project Manager, Functional Area Manager, Program Manager, project stakeholders or technical leads regarding status of specific projects.
The successful candidate will join a collaborative research team within a dynamic research environment. This position will support the Center for Food Allergy & Asthma Research (CFAAR), directed by Dr. Ruchi Gupta located in the Institute for Public Health and Medicine (IPHAM).
- Coordinate and track the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing of Informatics, Information Technology (IT) and related virtual and physical infrastructure projects in support of organizational area's strategic objectives and ongoing operations.
- Interacts with project leadership to determine and document project objectives, scope, functional requirements, metrics, key performance indicators and stakeholders.
- Collaborates with technical lead to determine resource requirements, budget, and deliverables.
- Coordinates projects for selected clients; administers and maintains project management tools, assists in planning, estimating and scheduling project work and supports monitoring and reporting of project progress.
- Tracks initiation and execution of software development or implementation and upgrade of several concurrent projects.
- Collaborates with technical lead to determine project timelines and scope, in cooperation with senior staff.
- Writes reports and proposals.
- Communicates project status, decisions, updates, revisions and changes to all stakeholders facilitating decision-making and project progress.
- Administers and maintains organizational area’s project management tool, assists in planning, estimating and scheduling project work and supports monitoring and reporting of project progress.
- Performs research for future potential IT services and applications; investigates and compares alternative applications and vendors.
- Develops and maintains organizational area's document repository.
- Collaborates with the functional teams to construct, update and track multiple project schedules and facilitates issue identification and resolution.
- Provides work direction for project team members, subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Communicates with technical leads regarding performance of staff assigned to projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2 years coordinating Information Technology (IT) and related virtual and physical infrastructure projects or other relevant experience required.
Please see information highlighted in tables below.
- Enterprise Applications
- Box Collaborative Storage
- Identity management/provisionin
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Business intelligence application design
- Agile environment
- Code documentation
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Evaluate resources
- Facilitate collaboration
- Functional documentation
- Iterative & incremental development
- Organizational skills
- Scrum project framework
- Workflow development & documentation
- Write proposals and project charters
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Functional documentation of IT Projects
- Organizational and Planning skills
- Requirement gathering
- Facilitate collaboration
- Ability to gather functional requirement to inform design and subsequent implementation of specialized software
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Scrum Project Framework
- Experience with projects in Public (e.g. Google, AWS, Azure) Cloud Environment
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.