You will be leading a team of IT professionals with various skill sets to provide world-class technical support to Amazon’s Operations team who fulfill our customer promises millions of times a day. The technology varies between our different facilities, but Amazon’s core IT infrastructure is fully redundant and relies upon top tier vendor hardware networked over fiber optic, copper, and wireless topologies. Your internal customers, whether human, robotic, or mechanical, use mobile computing devices, thin clients, integrated computer, and PCs running Windows, Linux, and Android operating systems to virtually and physically move ecommerce items from our suppliers into our fulfillment centers shelves, from those shelves into packaging, those packages into cars, trucks, and airplanes for delivery to front doors around the world. Key responsibilities include:
· Hire, train, and develop a team of IT professionals.
· Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
· Interact with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
· Establish and maintain a positive, productive relationship with operational leadership and staff.
· Lead infrastructure builds in new facilities.
· Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day technical support activities, including troubleshooting, customer service issues, approvals, and installations.
· Measure, monitor, and maintain team’s ability to meet or exceed contact and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA).
· Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and processes.
· Oversee management of equipment and parts inventory.
· Create, manage, and support recognition and communication programs.
· Travel up to 30%.
We are committed to developing a diverse work force and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
· Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each.
· Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
· Frequent walking in the facilities that can be over a quarter mile in length
· Standing and walking during shift lasting up to 12 hours a day.
· Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways.
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages, including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1 and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But, if you’re not in it for those perks, here is one more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit. Jeff Bezos’s most recent letter to shareholders sums it all up pretty well. Find it at https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1018724/000119312516530910/d168744dex991.htm
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· 5+ years of experience developing a team of technical professionals across multiple locations.
· Experience working with stakeholders to communicate issues while balancing business expectations.
· Leadership experience in a 24x7 operation supporting physical IT infrastructure (compute, network, storage).
· Experience working with network architecture and client server technology.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or Technical discipline.
· Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced IT environment and capable of motivating teams
· Experienced in making data-driven decisions.
· Established time management skills with the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously.
· Experience in procurement, budgeting, forecasting, and asset management.
· Proven skills in leadership development and team building.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.