Erie Family Health Centers is looking for an analytical, strategic leader like you to join our Community Engagement and Leadership Team. The Associate Director of Community Engagement is responsible for developing and implementing a strategy and plan to maintain and deepen Erie’s community ties in alignment with organizational priorities.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for involvement between Erie and key constituencies
- Develops, expands and maintains positive relationships with community leaders and their institutions
- Collaborates with others to create and support programs that promote health and access to health
- Works to steward and grow community good
- BA or BS degree required; Master’s preferred
- 10 years of experience managing community engagement activities or other relevant professional experience in community relations, communications and project management, required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) (May be required to assist or communicate with non-English/Spanish only speaking patients and/or guests.) and bi-cultural competency preferred
- Prior experience in health care, human services, and/or nonprofit management preferred
- Strategic thinker, problem-solver and coalition-builder with the ability to plan, prioritize, and turn strategy into action on the ground
- Knowledge of the communities Erie serves—geographically and culturally
This role will be based out of our Erie West Town Administrative Offices: 1701 W. Superior, Chicago, IL 60622. The person holding this role may be required to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary to complete assigned duties and responsibilities and/or supervise others.