As part of the University’s Content team, the Content Manager will work directly with members of various University Marketing & Communications (UMC) teams as well as other departments across the University to develop strategically aligned content for multiple platforms.
• Support the University’s strategic goals through creative messaging and consistent communications.
• Serve as a go-to consultant on writing, editing, and style.
• Organize and spearhead regular meetings with members of UMC Communications, Content, Multimedia, and Design teams.
• Work with various areas of the University to solicit story ideas and develop an ongoing editorial calendar.
• Plan and strategize interesting, cohesive, and strategically aligned content.
• Research, write, assign, edit, and proofread stories.
• Collaborate with UMC print, digital, and web designers as well as content and social media teams.
• Manage freelance writers, as needed.
• Work with Communications and Marketing teams, contributing to campaign strategies and communications materials.
• Work in a channel agnostic way to ensure content is maximized, repurposed, and shared across various channels and to various audiences.
• Maintain and update University style guide.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in English, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, or other related fields. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing/editing communications for all platforms.
• Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills for a number of different channels and formats.
• Superior organizational, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently.
• Ability to drive results and multi-task in a collaborative, consensus-focused organization.
• Experience in story planning and managing editorial content.
• Understanding of best practices for social media, photo and video editing, visual layouts, and digital and print content.
• Strong understanding of internal and external communications.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• High ethical standards and integrity required.
Knowledge of/experience working with video, photography, social media, web design and content management systems, and Adobe Design experience preferred.