Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps facilitate a grant-funded high school transition and academic program on Saturday mornings for freshmen students at low performing Chicago Public High Schools.
- Leads annual recruitment and hiring of undergraduate “Academic Coaches”.
- Serves as the primary liaison between Academic Coach team and program staff, inputting programmatic suggestions throughout the academic year.
- Helps facilitate professional development training for undergraduate coaches.
- Supports the collection, maintenance and analysis on-going program data in Excel.
- Coordinates site visits and occasional meetings with high school administration for student recruitment and data collection.
- Develops and chooses academic support materials and activities for Saturday enrichment sessions.
- Coordinates and hosts Loyola campus trips from visiting GEAR UP elementary and high school students.
- Helps lead GEAR UP enrichment programs over the summer.
- Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field required; master’s degree strongly preferred. Two to three years of experience administering or coordinating academic programs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Extreme flexibility and high organizational skills.
- Willingness to work closely with a small staff on many education projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide spectrum of people, from teenage students to professional colleagues, on a daily basis.
- Work weekends.
- Have a valid driver’s license and feel comfortable occasionally driving off-site.
- Familiarity with designing and modifying academic curriculum preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Good sense of humor a must.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.
- Proficiency creating/manipulating Microsoft Excel and Word documents.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Must be willing to travel to off-site locations and work weekends.