Are you passionate about making sure customers have the information they need to get the most out of every product they use? Are you excited about helping people make real time, data driven decisions?
This is exactly what we, the Lodging Data Tech (LDT) group in Expedia, do. Our mission is “transforming Expedia’s lodging data assets into Data Products that deliver intelligence and real-time insights for our customers”. We work on building products providing analytics & insights to support our hotel partners so they can drive higher revenue growth.
Our work spans across a wide range of technology stacks ranging from building high performance Spring MVC/boot applications in AWS to Big data technologies like Spark/Hadoop etc). We are looking for passionate, creative and innately curious engineers to join the Partner Strength team in Chicago. On the team you will translate requirements into code, test, debug & ensure consistency with defined standards.
What you'll do with us:
- Understand business requirements; actively participate and contribute to requirement and UX design reviews
- Support and fix data and/or system health issues as needed
- Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed multi-functional teams
- Write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Define, develop and maintain artifacts like design documentation, test cases, and scenarios; execute test scripts for your tasks/projects
- Design and implement scalable and reliable web applications and services with sufficient logging and monitoring
- Build/Optimize & support batch and real-time data pipelines.
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with others in crafting and implementing the technical vision
- Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility and the application of good object-orientated programming principals
- Drive continuous improvement in our software and development process within an agile development team
Who you are:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other similar fields
- 1-3+ years experience in Software Engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of data structures, OOPs programming and design patterns fundamentals
- Strong understanding/working experience with at least 1 server side programming languages like Java, Scala or NodeJs
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience in frameworks like Spring MVC/Spring Boot
- Experience with SQL(MySql) or NoSql DB’s(like Mongo DB, Cassandra)
- Experience in building and deploying web services and web application
- Experience with AWS technologies like EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda etc is a plus
- Experience working on Machine learning and Big data technologies(eg. Spark/Hive etc) is a plus
- Experience developing and supporting e-commerce systems and conducting A/B testing scenarios is a plus