The Chicago Bulls are seeking a highly motivated, organized and dedicated individual to become a Season Ticket Executive. This person will work with a diverse team and focus on generating revenue through selling season tickets and partial plans via phone calls, face-to-face appointments and special events. (There will be a small group ticket revenue goal as well.) Core to this role is the ability to prospect new business and effectively network.
As a Season Ticket Executive, a large part of your success will come by employing strong sales and service techniques, prospecting, networking, lead generation, referral gathering, data capture and database management. More specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Achieve daily and weekly sales metrics which include, phone calls, emails, face-to-face appointments, networking, web chat, prospecting and event execution
- Meet and exceed department and individual sales goals for the organization
- Build and maintain our CRM database with potential season ticket customers
- Work games and sales events to drive new season ticket business
- Provide help with the logistics and staffing of large group events
- Provide assistance with onboarding and mentoring of our Inside Sales Representatives
- Bachelor’s Degree with a business focus or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in sports team sales, general business sales, or sports management is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs, as well as CRM and ticketing software; expertise in the Archtics Ticketing System is a plus
- Excellent teammate, with positive energy, who has a desire to learn
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) with the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Works effectively and quickly in a dynamic environment
- Initiative and dedication to challenge self and continually strive for improvement
Note that this role requires flexible work hours and may include work outside of normal office hours during the business week and on weekends.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.