Chicago, IL, USA
The Sr Automation Engineer will provide subject matter expertise for engineering and implementing advanced solutions to remove toil from the organization by using advanced technologies such as automation, software orchestration, software development, and coding self-optimizing, self-configuring, and self-testing functions. This role will maintain high level domain engineering knowledge (Access Engineering, Access Operations, Core Operations, Service Engineering, Security, DevOps, etc.) and expertise in software development and coding. The role will leverage advanced knowledge in automation toolsets and techniques to implement appropriate automation processes to improve efficiencies over time.
• Design, Engineer & Implement software driven solutions.
• Utilize Agile and DevOps development techniques to drive platform/system development to enable automation.
• Leverage subject matter expertise when working with the automation and IS teams to identify and implement solutions within engineering that will improve reliability, decrease workload and improve agility.
• Assemble appropriate project teams to include subject matter experts in identifying areas which are high labor intensive, expensive to execute, or repetitive in nature to reduce cost and redundancy, and drive the automation processes to completion.
• Create and provide training on new/modified processes.
• Provide ongoing support for implemented automations processes.
• Survey, analyze and maintain documentation of major activities within engineering that focus on areas which are high cost and/or labor-intensive, focusing on prioritizing those with the greatest impact to the business.
• Conduct automation and configuration management.
• Leverage strong domain level skills and advanced software orchestration, automation, and coding skills to develop solutions that configure, monitor, optimize, and test network domains.
• Provide recommendations to leadership team(s), covering relative costs of activities, opportunities for automation, and benefits of automation.
• Develop and maintain continuous integration and software deployment process across the distributed automation platform that supports embedded automation teams.
• Conduct automation and configuration management.
The preceding job description indicates the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work to be performed. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required to do this job. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in business analysis, systems engineering, application development, computer science, operations management or equivalent experience preferred.
• 6 years of experience in a technical area such as telecommunications or IT.
• Advanced experience in technical disciplines (such as Access Engineering, Access Operations, Core Operations, Service Engineering, Security, DevOps, etc), and automation environments (software development, software processes, implementing automation in the workplace, etc).
• Experience working in a network operations center, or similar network/system technical organization
• Experience in software development in areas of Agile and DevOps required.
• Strong knowledge, understanding and skills utilizing automation technologies within engineering, including and not limited to the following:
o Programming languages including Python / ’R’ / Java / shell scripting / SQL / HiveQL.
o Software Development Platforms including Docker / Kubernetes / Hadoop / OpenstackStrong.
o Systems and Databases including Linux / Postgres / Oracle / Hadoop / Virtualization Technologies (KVM, VMware, etc,) Network Management Applications including Resolve / Netcool / Remedy / Netscout / Wireless Network Guardian / CXM / Netact / OSS-RC / IBM ITNM / Infovista TEMs .
o Custom-developed work automation tools that leverage micro services and various automation tools.
o Next-generation network programmability to ensure manual interaction is minimized as much as possible. Software Defined Networks (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Puppet, Chef, YAML, REST APIs, etc.
• Strong written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required.
• Strong analytical skills, proven in large-scale projects.
• Strong knowledge of project/program management.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
Chicago, IL, USA
This role is responsible for evaluating the retail marketing communication needs and objectives of internal, cross-functional stakeholders as well as retail shoppers to develop merchandising tools that will increase sales and revenue.
This role develops strategic recommendations on retail messaging strategy and is responsible for the execution of retail marketing materials (collateral) for rotational and core/semi-permanent marketing news within U.S. Cellular’s generational retail environments and/or third party retailers, as well as how to accommodate version variability for go-to-market campaigns. This role builds strong working relationships with external agencies, and design and print companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages the development of retail marketing materials, ensuring brand authenticity and adherence to merchandising best practices, which may include static/digital merchandising signage, collateral, IVR on-hold messaging, and digital shopper tools for U.S. Cellular® generational retail points of distribution and Third-Party Retailers.
Project Manages the development and production of all core/semi-permanent retail marketing from identification of the need for new retail marketing through to the delivery at store of marketing materials.
Manages a high-volume of complex initiatives and projects concurrently with varying levels of scope and urgency, while working effectively with internal teams, creative agency, apparel and music partners, production vendors and other external parties in meeting program timelines and executing with excellence.
Effectively work with internal teams including Marketing, Sales, Operations, Legal and other Brand Teams to lead the development of retail marketing strategies and tactics that ensure brand integration and support business priorities within a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Develops comprehensive and clearly communicated recommendations in response to requests for new marketing materials which reflect a clear understanding of business objectives, align with retail marketing best practices and represent a sound strategic point of view.
Develops assignment briefs that outline a strategic communication framework that accounts for premier retail marketing principles, and ensures business and customer needs are effectively cared for within each communication vehicle.
Collaborates with the Retail Merchandising Manager ensuring merchandising / signage aligns within the fixture and display systems.
Manages the development of planograms for all core/semi-permanent and rotational merchandising programs.
Develops frontline communications that drive accurate and efficient execution of marketing materials.
Responsible for managing the $6+ MM retail POS budget and Retail Collateral budget to deliver effective retail executions, including tracking and forecasting.
Ensures strong brand continuity within campaigns and across shopper channels that deliver a rich, authentic, and seamless shopper experience that optimizes for the capabilities and restrictions of each distribution channel, store format, and generational store design.
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience or 7 years’ equivalent work experience required; with a concentration in marketing, communications or related discipline preferred
5 years of experience working in a marketing or advertising agency, within a marketing/merchandising role for a retailer, or responsible for marketing communications is preferred
Must understand the retail environment and its marketing potential, including shopper and retail associate behavior
Experience marketing products or services through various communications vehicles such as brochures, collateral, in-store merchandising, etc. is required
Strong project management skills required to consistently meet deadlines and an ability to break down complex problems into manageable goals
Detail orientation and strong organizational skills are required
Budget management experience and ability are required
Effective oral and written communication are required
Ability to participate and represent the team within cross-functional teams is required; must work well with both internal teams and external agencies
Must be results-oriented and able to align performance tracking to operational, executional and creative recommendations for future improvement
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word required
Experience working with company-owned stores, kiosks or other retail outlets is preferred