National Basketball Association
Chicago, IL, USA
The Chicago Bulls are seeking an Account Executive of Business Development in Corporate Partnerships to grow and develop new partnership business for the organization. As an Account Executive, you will develop and sell integrated corporate partnerships consisting of Bulls, Chicago Bulls Charities, Windy City Bulls and United Center assets including but not limited to signage, promotions, digital advertising, community programming, print advertising, IP rights, and corporate hospitality.
The individual in this position will be expected to help grow the organization’s corporate partnerships by prospecting, building key local relationships, and nurturing existing clients while closing new business. This is an excellent opportunity for a developing sales person who can craft compelling solutions that positively position our partners to meet their strategic goals.
Core Responsibilities: In this role, you will support the team’s business development efforts, with particular emphasis on building new business in assigned categories. Additional responsibilities include:
Continuously prospect to develop new business through outreach and networking, which includes growing existing relationships and offerings of assigned accounts. Maintains a consistent ‘pipeline’ of potential business.
Manage the sales process from initial touchpoint through contract execution while exceeding individual and team goals.
Build customer relationships through strategic conversations to understand organizational business objectives and goals; performs a basic client needs analysis with prospective partners and mirrors those objectives with a custom Bulls and/or United Center partnership proposal that builds value for both the partner and our organization.
Entertain clients and prospects at Bulls home games and additional special events.
Assist in the execution of various organizational functions.
Involved in the servicing of Bulls and United Center clients all year long during regular office hours, at home games and at various Bulls functions.
Develop and maintain positive relationships with senior executives employed by current and future Bulls corporate partners, and also with senior level executives within the organization.
Qualifications: We are seeking an individual with a strong business development background with knowledge of strategic account management, sales process and solution selling. In addition, you may be a potential fit for this role if you have a mix of the following:
Minimum four-year college degree with a one-year minimum of full-time sales and/or sponsorship experience
Proven prospector with a track record of securing initial meetings and phone calls
Preferred fluency in brand marketing and integrated partnerships
Desire to work as a collaborative, self-starter
Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to work within a rapidly changing environment
Ability to communicate articulately and confidently both verbally and in writing with individuals at every level of the organization
Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Ability to work nights/weekends/holidays as needed
National Basketball Association
Minneapolis, MN, USA
The Director of Corporate Communications’ responsibilities include but are not limited to; key message development, development of internal and external brand building and communication tactics, pitching business-related story ideas to media, developing and delivering key strategic communications plans designed to tell the company story, responsible for drafting talking points for various organizational topics, and drafting communication plans for key stakeholders including but not limited to season ticket members and corporate sponsors. Essential Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
1. Develop relationships with members of the local and national media actively engaging them to tell the franchises’ story.
2. Develop strategies around the implementation of organizational communication plans.
3. Develop strategies and creative platforms and concepts that simultaneously use both traditional and social media to promote team business function areas, including, but not limited, to Membership Sales, Corporate Partnerships, Live Programming and Entertainment, Marketing, Digital, Community Relations, and Facilities.
4. Partner with the Vice President of Communications to develop key messages and talking points for the entire staff related to various organizational business efforts.
5. Manage media opportunities/requests for team’s business operations, including executive staff members.
6. Support leadership and other team spokespeople with messaging and media training. Vet media and speaking opportunities, develop briefing documents and talking points, and serve as the liaison with event organizers. Prepare staff and executives for media interviews
7. Develop communications plans and execute large-scale media events with team executives, civic leaders and, when appropriate, Target Center.
8. Assist all facets of the organization in developing consistent messaging.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
1. Exceptional writing and editing skills and the ability to communicate efficiently.
2. Exacting attention to detail.
3. Ability to develop and proactively pitch team business-related stories to local and national media.
4. Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills are critical, including ability to present concepts verbally.
5. Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-disciplinary teams.
6. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is strongly preferred.
7. Ability to work nights, weekends and potentially holidays.
Experience: Minimum seven (7) years of experience working in Public Relations or communications. Experience working in an agency setting and/or with consumer-facing brands preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications, journalism or a related field, encouraged but not required.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Experience working with local media preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. In addition to working office hours staff may have responsibility to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games as well as external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available, but also operates in a sports arena which includes bleachers/steps as well as moderate noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes or other items weighing up to 20 pounds.
Position may require travel.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
National Basketball Association
Los Angeles, CA, USA
The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant position is to provide a wide range of direct Administrative support to the VP, Corporate Partnerships. This person with be a trusted partner in maximizing the time spent by the VP, Corporate Partnerships on their executive level responsibilities.
Key metrics used to evaluate performance:
· All duties and responsibilities completed at or before deadlines, and executed with high levels of detail orientation, discretion, and professionalism
· Pre-meeting preparation (i.e. reminders, all materials, etc.)
· Feedback from event attendees
· Facilitation of electronic file management, including emails and paper file conversion
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities**):
· Calendar & travel management for VP, Corporate Partnerships
· Plan and orchestrate all aspects of meetings and calls
· Process all forms and expense reports
· Ensure that tasks and projects are completed correctly and on time
· Proactively communicate follow-up information on all matters
· Run/manage staff meetings including agenda coordination and timely action oriented recaps
· Send gifts/merchandise to partners, guests, charities, etc. Work with Community Relations to obtain LOA and ship to organization
· Document support: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, general formatting
· Coordinate monthly reporting, tracking and distribution
· Maintain organized files/folders/binders (digital and/or print)
· Highly organized archiving and record keeping
· Phone/fax/mail/voicemail coverage for Corporate Partnership team
· Overall clerical responsibilities such as scanning documents and making copies
· Maintain office supply inventory
· Order and pick up meals as needed
· Escort guests to offices
SPECIAL EVENT SUPPORT
· Special Events @ STAPLES Center
- Gather list for invitations/database management
- Send out all evites, track all RSVPS’s, and maintain guest list
- Coordinate tickets, event passes & parking needs for guests
- Provide assistance during events, as needed
**Responsibilities subject to change based on organizational needs and direction from management.
Education (Required/ preferred):
Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
A minimum of two (2) years working as an Administrative Assistant at the Executive level . Past experience working in entertainment, with high-profile celebrities and clients, VIPs, and professional athletes strongly preferred.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
· Extremely detail oriented; diligent
· Initiates work without specific instruction
· Grasps concepts and processes with ease; able to effectively prioritize projects and tasks
· Accurately checks processes and tasks
· Discovers and corrects errors
· Exhibits ownership over responsibilities and assigned projects
· Ensures that tasks and projects are completed correctly and on time
· Communicates follow-up information without being asked
· Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
· Professional/polished communication style
· Actively listens, expresses ideas/thoughts effectively
· Ability to work with multiple managers and personality types
· Works within and outside formal lines of authority
· Patient & humble – partners effectively with various stakeholders
· Must be highly organized
· Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Able to successfully prioritize projects and tasks
· Able to perceive urgency and take action accordingly
· Able to maintain work performance under occasional tight deadlines and annual crunch times
· Adaptable – adjusts accordingly based on business needs
· Works well in autonomy and ambiguity; proactively creates solutions
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), CONCUR, WEBEX (optional)
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
El Segundo (offices M-F), and other occasional off-site events
Less than 5% of the time
Regular office hours (9am- 5:30pm M-F), plus overtime may be required; must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays, if requested
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.