As AWS continues to rapidly grow, we seek a Sales Leader to own and operate a New Customer Acquisition business (Geography based) in the Territory Segment. As a first line manager, you will be adept at delivering desired outcomes through others while staying abreast of the detail. You will possess sales, management, and technical experience that enables you to lead a team with engagements at the CxO level as well as with VP/Dir of Engineering, DevOps and IT architects. In this role you will lead and influence customers to build, shape and grow their AWS business and in some cases their digital transformation to the cloud. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast growing and entrepreneurial organization, bringing innovation and growing the adoption of cloud. This role will require you to build/lead a team of sales professionals, and most importantly, develop the strategy to grow AWS in your market. You will be responsible for developing opportunity pipelines, evangelizing cloud computing, driving revenue and user adoption. You will also be responsible for working with the AWS partner team to develop a robust partner ecosystem. In particular he/she will: · Develop and execute against a set of goals including customer references, support and training · Develop and work with partners to extend reach and drive adoption · Build and leverage relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to further adoption of AWS services in the market · Build and develop highly skilled Sales Teams · Demonstrate a history of executing scalable programs across a volume of new and existing customers · Have a consistent track record of achieving and exceeding revenue targets thru others · Drive revenue and market share while meeting/exceeding revenue targets · Accelerate customer adoption through well-developed sales engagements and successful GTM Strategy to achieve Customer Outcomes · Demonstrated history of adhering to High Standards and using good judgement · Lead a Customer Obsessed business that delights our customers
· BA/BS degree required · 5+ years of sales management experience. · 10+ years of technology related sales or sales engineering experience
· Strong verbal and written communications skills · A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS is a plus · Strong leadership skills
Are you passionate about the cloud? Do you want to help mold the future of how customers build amazing solutions with AWS? Want to be a part of the fast growing IoT market? Want to help define the technology AWS brings to public sector customers? We are looking for a manager to lead a talented team focused on strategy, business development, go-to-market planning/execution, partner ecosystem development, and customer enablement for IoT solutions in public sector. If you have the right blend of passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may be the right person to lead the Public Sector IOT Technical Business Development Team. IoT has become a priority for our customers across almost every industry. Ultimately, IoT is about solving business and mission problems – either to increase revenue by using the data to create new digital services, or to increase efficiency by using the data to streamline operations and removing costs from operations. Customers are focused on solving business challenges - not simply connecting devices - so they look to AWS to provide solutions to those problems. This leads us to ask the question: If you knew the state of every “thing” and could reason on top of the data: What problems would you solve? As a leader in the Technical Business Development team for Public Sector, you will be a key part of answering that question. Customers are looking for references and blueprints to implement solutions like smart communities, smart transportation, smart infrastructure, predictive maintenance, environmental monitoring, fleet management and operations, just to name a few. These solutions can be complex and require additional capability from partners. Hardware partners (silicon, OEM), connectivity providers (mobile operators), implementation partners (SIs) and technology partners (ISVs) are always a part of a solution. In addition to cloud, edge is critical because of these workloads and the myriad of edge devices that make up our customers’ operations – sensors, gateways and controllers. Customers are also looking for Machine Learning, Voice and Image Recognition, Analytics, App Development and AI as part of an overall solution. As a leader, your responsibilities will focus on developing and executing a business development plan, working with customers, engaging with partner ecosystem, drive development of repeatable solutions for our sales team to use and delight customers, and to plan for future services and solutions. In this role, your key responsibilities will include: · Responsible for overall strategy and execution plan for IoT in Public Sector with the goal of accelerating AWS platform adoption among customers and partners. · Work closely with sales leaders and help define market segments, customers, and industries. Build a detailed business development plan for target markets and ensure it is well aligned across AWS. · Enablement activities for customers, partners and field teams. Enablement is key to ensure customers and partners can accelerate in a self-service mode. · Strategic alliances with standards bodies; collaborate with teams from across AWS in nurturing alliances · Collaborate with global marketing team on external messaging and event strategy · Thought leadership activities via public speaking, blog posts, white papers, reference architectures · Operate as a player-coach; mentoring team members while supporting recruiting activities as team grows Ideal candidate will have a business and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background to work with both our engineering teams and customers building solutions with our tools. An understanding of key IoT concepts and technologies is required. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity, and bias for action is a must.
· 10+ years of cloud, technical, or digital experience. · 5+ years of experience with successful technical business development, building and executing go to market plans, and leading sales enablement activities. · 5+ years of experience leading technical team(s) in a matrixed organization. · 3+ years of experience supporting large scale IoT solutions and products. · Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related technical degree.
· Understanding of IoT concepts and technologies. · Demonstrated sense of ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to create appropriate action plans for those goals for self and team. · Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization. · Excellent business judgement and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically. · Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills. Job requires substantial writing. · Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level. · Must prefer a hands-on, detail-oriented, “roll-up your sleeves” environment. · Experience supporting IT initiatives in Public Sector, and knowledge of Public Sector procurement and operating environment. · Track record of closing high value and high-profile deals. · Demonstrated ability to build and scale programs that remove blockers and accelerate customer adoption. · Master’s degree or PhD in relevant business, computer science, or engineering disciplines. · Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role. · Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
The IT Support Engineer must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. They must possess superior people skills dealing with all levels of a team environment up to and including presentations and explanation of projects to upper level management. Regular activities include network engineering and troubleshooting, project management, mentor ship of Technical Support Technicians, data cabling, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom/PBX administration, root cause analysis in problem solving, and assistance in managing the daily activities of the department.
· High School diploma or equivalent · Expertise in one or more specialized areas of IT such as Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI) · Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment · Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications · Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance · Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation · Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers, management, contractors and vendors. · Ability to stand/walk for 10-12 hours per day · Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field. · Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory) · Cisco CCNA certification · Advanced Linux systems administration skills · Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems · Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms · Ability to manage high priority projects · Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
The Sr HR Assistant is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides Human Resources support to our fulfillment centers. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. Successful candidates will be responsible for:
PEOPLESOFT: • Ensure data integrity in HRIS (Peoplesoft) systems. • Daily maintenance of HRIS systems: entering new employees, issuing time cards, and updating employee information, Benefits Enrollments, etc. • Attendance tracking: coordinate with managers to ensure employees are on the correct schedule pattern and crew sheets. • Completing and distributing daily and weekly reports to Fulfillment Center (FC) managers and corporate office. Compiling all new-hire data and entering into PeopleSoft. PAYROLL: • Coordinate with managers, using labor tracking tools, to ensure employees are on the correct schedule patterns. • Completing and distributing reports as needed by FC managers and corporate offices. Provide frequent customer service regarding payroll, benefits, scheduling, etc. ADMINISTRATIVE: • Assist internal customers with benefits, orientation, and stock inquiries. • Assist Recruiting/Safety Department, as necessary (new hire orientations, safety talks, interview loops and coordination) • Conduct administration portion of new-hire orientation. • Liaison with department managers and security for administration of badging process for building access and timekeeping. • Calculate turnover metrics for salaried and hourly associates. • Complete employment and payroll verifications. • Organize all HR department records, employment files and maintains operation of office equipment • Maintain several HR spreadsheets related to workers compensation, LOA, stock, etc. • All other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Basic Qualifications · Experience with MS Word, Excel, Access (please bring samples of work to interview) · Previous experience with Payroll Systems, HRIS · 3+ years’ exposure to the human resources functions · Flexibility to work overtime both in peak season and as needed · Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship · Bachelor's Degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
Preferred Qualifications · Human Resources training and experience desired. · Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues. · Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times – front line contact for employee issues. · Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines. · Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential. · Experience with PeopleSoft Amazon Operations and Distribution is a 24/7 environment and shifts may change due to business needs. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Amazon seeks a highly effective Senior Financial Analyst to help achieve the Alexa Machine Learning Services Organization’s vision to make it intuitive and efficient to build, integrate, and operate AI. These world class services power Alexa’s benchmark setting AI models in speech, acoustic events, image, and text, enabling a myriad Alexa experiences and ultimately making Alexa delightful for customers. The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter who is comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with strong data gathering and modeling skills. The role also has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. As a Senior Financial Analyst you will work directly with business leaders to identify opportunities and deliver results. Job responsibilities include: · Establishing controls and maintaining operating and business metrics · Building financial models for new business initiatives and presenting findings to senior management · Leading short and long-term financial planning · Presenting financial summaries and business insights to senior management BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· MBA or MS in Finance, Economics or a related field · Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment · Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion · Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning ad the presentation of alternatives. · Advanced Excel skills · Advanced use of SQL (data mining and business intelligence) Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.