At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Cloud Computing is revolutionizing Information Technology. Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS customers can requisition compute power, storage, and other services–gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as their business demands them. Customers pay only for what they use, with no up-front expenses or long-term commitments, making AWS the most cost-effective, flexible way to deliver their applications to their customers and clients. Since 2006 AWS is the leader in the global IaaS cloud computing space and is continually growing. Would you like to be a central part of a recruiting team that is responsible for fueling the rapid growth of AWS globally? Are you a builder? Do you thrive in high growth ambiguous environments? Are you a process oriented data driven senior recruiting leader that loves to dive deep to fix complex operational challenges allowing for greater scalability and global impact? The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Recruiting team is seeking a talented, customer-focused recruiter to join our global recruiting organization supporting AWS. The Senior Recruiter will work with a team of recruiters, sourcers and recruiting coordinators focusing in the areas of candidate talent search and placement, process improvement, strategy development and will act as client lead for supported groups. They will foster a collaborative team environment and a strong service oriented culture that ensures delivery of efficient, effective, quality driven service to internal customers and meets customer service level agreements. The candidate must be able to successfully manage, prioritize and close searches against a timeline and have experience setting benchmarks, metrics, and understand how to prioritize to hit all customer SLAs. They thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. The best candidates will draw on extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners. They have a reputation for being exceptional at candidate generation, client/account management, organization, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, have an ability to prioritize their time, demonstrate pushback and a sense of urgency, and understand the value of providing amazing customer service. Core Responsibilities: · Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment. · Must be able to understand how to recruit passive candidates and possess the mentality to "profile people and gauge chemistry of candidates for fit and understand their motivation" rather than sell a role. · Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management; conducts in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview ratios. · Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within Amazon's mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer. · Articulate in writing a plan with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process. · Interview candidates within the framework of the position specification. Possess strong ability to screen, interview and prepare a candidate slate within an appropriate and consistent timeline. · Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives, including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
Basic Qualifications 5+ years of corporate and or search firm progressive recruiting experience including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting. · Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools, including proactive phone and internet research. · CTS/ATS experience with sourcing, tracking and managing candidates · MS Office - including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. · Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships. · Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree.
Preferred Qualifications · Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement; ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships, must pursue conscious cost-containment efforts in recruiting, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer. · Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills. · Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management. · Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision. · Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member. · Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team. · Leadership experience managing recruiters and coordinators · Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role · Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
The Amazon HR Talent Acquisition team will be conducting first round interviews for Technical and Non-Technical Recruiters in Chicago, IL; in addition to other various locations across the U.S. late October 2018. Final round interviews will take place in Seattle for those candidates who are selected to move forward. Please apply for consideration to be based in either the Chicago, IL or Seattle, WA metro areas. The final location of this role will be determined following interviews for those candidates who receive offers to join one of the Talent Acquisition teams in Alexa/Devices, AWS, Biz Development, Consumer, Finance, HR or Legal. At Amazon, our Recruiters are talent consultants who bring operational excellence and creative ideas to multi-faceted, large scale, competitive challenges. Recruiters are trusted with the strategic ownership for attracting and hiring outstanding innovators and leaders who will continue to raise the bar for what is possible, contributing to our Customer’s, and Amazon’s success. Recruiters are a critical partner to the business continuously earning trust with leaders at all levels, and partnering effectively cross-functionally with HRBPs, Finance, Compensation, and other business partners. These opportunities require hands-on partnership with the business to lead effective candidate sourcing of passive talent including assessments and, when applicable, closing approaches including offer negotiations and understanding candidate motivators. Sr. Recruiters will also be responsible for partnering closely with Business Clients and other HR and Recruiting Leaders to set and drive strategy, goals, process, and hiring metrics. The strongest candidates for this opportunity will have experience hiring across both active and passive channels. Roles and Responsibilities may vary by position, however the following are crucial components of Talent Acquisition at Amazon: · Develop sourcing models and plans to generate talent pipe; create and execute robust search strategies that will attract the best and brightest talent; calibrate candidates with hiring managers. Develop prospects into candidates. Engage, sustain relationships, screen and interview. · Continually contribute to the knowledge base of the group sharing new information about industries and talent pools or profile types. · Lead the briefing meetings and participate in job scoping discussions as needed. · Prepare/contribute to search status reports and lead/participate in client update meetings on active searches. · Provide strategic guidance and become an advisor to Consumer Engagement leaders in matters related to tech hiring by delivering results. · Proactively network and establish effective working relationships, must pursue conscious cost-containment efforts in recruiting, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer Currently we have multiple Recruiting and Sr. Recruiting roles open, ranging in focus from: Sourcing, Full Life Cycle and Closing. Curious to learn more? We want to meet you! RSVP to attend our local Info Session which will include an overview of best practices for interviewing successfully with Amazon as well as networking time with representatives from our client teams. Attendance is limited and exclusively offered to Recruiting and Human Resources professionals.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience · 3+ years of recruiting experience · Prior experience in a research capacity for passive candidate generation and experience managing client relationships
· 5 to 7+ years recruiting experience · Recruiting experience within the high tech industry · Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement; Passion and acumen for client’s business · Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships, must pursue conscious cost-containment efforts in recruiting, outstanding communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills. · Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, and interview process management · Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision · Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member · Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team · Strong experience in drafting competitive offers and closing candidates effectively · Will be a top technical recruiter. Whether your background is corporate/in house or search firm, you will be genuinely interested in and the go-to person for technical industry searches, specifically in core technical recruiting role. · Will have clear written and verbal communication. Experience in advising and influencing Sr. leadership with narrative documents and reports. · Proven ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment. Resilience under pressure. Polite pushback when required. Ready to collaborate and bring ideas to the attention of the whole team. Confident when working autonomously. · Exceptional consulting, technical acumen, and assessing skills. · Articulate with a high level of business acumen; able to influence and respond across complex arguments and engage with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner · Self-assured, not easily thrown, able to think on their feet · Inquisitive; with a strong desire to learn. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Would you like join one of the fastest-growing organizations within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and help customers of all industries and sizes gain the best value and service from AWS? At AWS Enterprise Support we’re looking for a Senior Technical Account Manager (TAM) to support our customers’ creative and transformative spirit of innovation across all technologies, including Compute, Storage, Database, Big Data, Application-level services, Networking, Serverless and more. This is not a sales role, but rather an opportunity to be the principal technical advisor and ‘voice of the customer’ to organizations ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises. As a Senior TAM, you will help craft and execute strategies to drive our customers’ adoption and use of AWS services, including EC2, S3, DynamoDB & RDS databases, Lamdba, CloudFront CDN, IoT, and many more. Your technical acumen and customer-facing skills will enable you to effectively represent AWS within a customer’s environment, and drive discussions with senior leadership regarding incidents, trade-offs and risk management. You will provide advocacy and strategic technical guidance to help plan and build solutions using best practices, and proactively keep your customers’ AWS environments operationally healthy. The close relationships developed with your customers will allow you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges, and help them achieve the greatest value from AWS. We are seeking individuals with strong backgrounds in I.T. operations and related areas such as Linux/Windows systems administration, DevOps, Big Data and more. The TAM is our centerpiece of value to our Enterprise Support customers, so if you wish to be at the forefront of innovation, come join us!
· 7+ years of hands-on Infrastructure / Troubleshooting / Systems Administration / Networking / DevOps / Applications Development experience in a distributed systems environment · Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or equivalent work experience
· Advanced experience in one or more of the following areas: Software Design or Development, Content Distribution/CDN, Scripting/Automation, Database Architecture, Networking, IT Security, BigData/Hadoop/Spark, Operations Management, Service Oriented Architecture · External enterprise customer-facing experience as a technical lead, with strong oral and written communication skills, presenting to both large and small audiences · Experience in a 24x7 operational services or support environment · Experience with AWS services and/or other cloud offerings · Ability to travel 10-25% as needed
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field · Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education · 3+ years professional experience in software development · Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design · Computer Science fundamentals in data structures · Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis · Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
· Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline · Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment · Experience in applying open-source technologies. · Experience with agile software development methodologies like Scrum · Experience with rapid prototyping and evaluation of customer applications · Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts · A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects · Expertise with functional-style ES5+ language support · Expertise with React front end development · Familiarity with Webpack, SCSS, and other front-end web resource management. · Familiarity with ES6 typing tech such as Typescript or Flow.JS Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.