Customer CEO: Alexa, who can help my company execute a Digital Transformation initiative and drive real business results? Alexa: The Advisory Practice at AWS Professional Services has helped a number of companies achieve their desired results leveraging cloud technologies.
Are you an IT leader (VP, Director or equivalent) who has led successful Business-IT Transformation initiatives at a Global 2000 (or comparable) company? Are you looking to scale that expertise across a number of different companies? Can you lead a skeptical customer through engagements related to IT strategy, business-IT governance, and organizational change management as they transition to a Cloud computing model? Can you collaborate with both business and technology executives to shape their highly-visible, highly-impactful projects that are transforming their organization and potentially an entire industry?
At AWS, we’re searching for transformation leaders to join the AWS ProServe Advisory practice that engages with customers around the globe. Through deep professional services engagements, the ProServe Advisory practice helps customers to establish their overall cloud vision, strategy, & roadmap - and then execute on that roadmap. We are seeking outcome driven and customer obsessed experts who are passionate about:
· Engaging deeply with C-level executives to define and execute enterprise-wide transformation programs · Identifying motivators and drivers for cloud adoption and unlocking business value for our customers; Creating compelling business cases for the transition to the cloud · Collaborating with other ProServe specialist teams to drive and shape solutions to accelerate our customer’s business outcomes · Developing and promoting governance models supporting the consistent use of cloud technologies aligned to institutional strategies and policies · Enabling the People change critical to sustained business performance: Skills, Capabilities, and organizational design Team members possess a diverse IT and/or Consulting background and in-depth knowledge of industry IT trends (including but not limited to: business case development, business architecture, IT and BU innovation, organizational change management, IT governance, IT process & compliance, data center migrations, IT frameworks like ITSM, ITIL, TOGAF, COBIT, PMBOK, and cloud operating models), leveraging this credibility as advisors with customers, partners, and internally across AWS. An ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas: · Maintaining C-level relationships with peers, stakeholders, boardrooms, and/or customers, often becoming the “trusted advisor” · Implementing large-scale enterprise IT change management programs · Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructure services · Owning and executing on organizational change management for an overall transformation
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience · Demonstrated leadership in the areas of IT operations, cloud computing, IT strategy, business architecture, or enterprise architecture · A history of partnership with other organizations, especially business, sales, and marketing groups · Extended (50-70%) travel to customer locations will be required to sell and deliver professional services as needed
· Masters/MBA degree · Enterprise Architecture certifications / Frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, GGEIT, Prosci, CCMP, EA Practitioner, CEA, Certified Business Architect) · Direct experience with data center operations and public cloud providers · Led a cloud migration initiative as an AWS customer or consulting with a customer in their own IT transformation · Experience in an IT strategy & enterprise architecture that is focused on public cloud · Experience on creating and executing organizational change management strategies as part of a larger transformation · Experience selling and delivering billable professional services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, business knowledge, and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with customers and several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within organizations. Here are some of the qualities we are searching for: - Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact. - An affinity for the new and unknown. We are always experimenting with innovative technologies including cloud computing, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things. - Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field · Programming in one or more object-oriented languages like Java/Python/C#/Ruby/Objective C/C++. · Strong communication skills. This is a customer facing role and you will be frequently interacting with clients. · Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
· Specialized technical degree or equivalent experience, and/or graduate degree. Experience running research projects or programming analytics applications is a plus. · Industry Cloud Computing Certifications · A proven ability to analyze in depth a complex subject using statistical methods and/or programming techniques. · Understanding of systems engineering and architecture, including the inputs, outputs, requirements and dependencies of complex systems · Customer focused attitude. The ability to empathize with clients and be their advocate · Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform. We are seeking a Sales Operations Lead to partner with the head of the AWS Southeast Sales to define, land and execute against our strategic priorities. This role will drive predictability in reporting and analyzing business trends as well as participating in strategic planning for the business. The ideal candidate has broad technical skills, strong financial acumen and a deep analytic background to assist the Southeast Sales teams in creating efficiency, assessing performance and reporting & delivering results. This position will be responsible for managing the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other cadenced reporting and metrics. The position will assist the Southeast Sales Managers in evaluating and forecasting attainment against quotas, utilizing various CRM tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed. This position will also be responsible for generating commission plans, managing the territory definitions and account movements, and calculating commissions. This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves”. This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Americas Sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: · Define the key sales support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve revenue attainment and market development objectives. · Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services. · Manage the monthly cadenced business reporting for the business segment. · Develop relationships and processes with sales, partner, finance, HR, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting issues. · Assist Sales Managers in all aspects of evaluating their teams’ performance. · Ensure accurate and timely sales commission calculations and payments. · Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution. · Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
Basic qualifications · At least 5 years of leading a divisional Sales Operations function or similar responsibilities supporting a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical hi-tech Sales Organization · Experience in multiple organizational functions such as compensation, forecasting, organizational development, etc. · Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies · Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations · Strong financial, analytical and communication skills. · Deep experience of Microsoft Office Suite required (extensive knowledge of Excel required) · Excellent cross group collaboration skills. · Bachelor’s degree is required
Preferred qualifications · Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial. · MBA or other relevant advanced degree. · Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results · Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management · Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly · Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous