At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring Associate Big Data Specialists to help our customers develop technical expertise and deliver results in key engagements, often alongside our partners. Our technical specialists will help customers experiment with proofs of concept, provide guidance on AWS best practices, and help customers and partners succeed in their implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, IoT, batch processing, big data, archiving, and disaster recovery.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We are obsessed about strong success for the customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered, and to drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are eager to deliver results, are deeply technical and highly innovative, and a voracious learner, we want to talk to you.
· BS level technical degree or equivalent experience. · Experience designing and deploying large-scale distributed data processing systems. · Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design. · BS level technical degree or equivalent experience. · Expertise in one or more programming languages (preferably Python or Java.) · Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
· Computer Science or Math background preferred. · Experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning approaches. · Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route 53, and S3).
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities. Overview The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, troubleshooting complex issues, working with customers, and have a strong technical background in networking technologies including DNS, Load balancing, IPsec, SSL, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching and physical connectivity. Our associates are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. If you're looking for an entry level role in Network/System administration, working with networking hardware and software and understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment, you might be the person we are looking for! You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you: · Learn, support, and use groundbreaking technologies · Field and manage technical customer issues via phone, chat and email · Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs · Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams · Drive customer communication during critical events · Create knowledge articles, videos and other technical articles for the AWS customer community · Open to working non-standard hours (no night shifts) including a Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday workweek
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or 4+ years of experience in a technical position
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role · Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role · Experience configuring and troubleshooting software-based (IPsec & SSL) VPN solutions such as Openswan, Libreswan, Strongswan, Quagga, pfSence, Vyatta and/or Windows · Experience configuring and troubleshooting hardware VPN devices such as Cisco, Juniper, SonicWall, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Yamaha · Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications · Demonstrated proficiency in network administration (DNS, BGP, Load Balancing) · Understanding of firewall concepts and rules · Understanding of hardware or software Load Balancers · Systems administration in Linux/Unix or Windows · Network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills · Strong customer focus and ownership · Excellent oral and written communication skills · Scripting/Programming experience is a plus Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, mobile applications, and the Internet-of-Things (IoT)? Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge solutions that bring together IoT/Mobile devices and data? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an IoT architect to work with our customers to craft cloud-based IoT solutions. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted adviser to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, solution architects, and our IoT service team to drive mobile-related adoption and revenue. This will include showcasing service such as AWS IoT, Cognito, API Gateway, and Lambda. Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the AWS platform by engaging with companies and app developers building IoT and Mobile solutions? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as the preferred platform for IoT and Mobile solutions? Here are some other qualities we are looking for: · Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact. · Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large public sector organizations. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES · Architect end-to-end solutions for our customers using AWS IoT and Mobile Services. · Help develop an overall IoT and Mobile ecosystem engagement strategy. · In partnership with the business development, solution architects and sales team, formulate and execute a strategy to drive adoption of AWS. · Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS. · Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS community. · Author and contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as blogs, whitepapers. · Experience developing IoT and Mobile solutions and passion for getting hands dirty with code. · Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates. · Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. · 12+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role. · 8+ years of experience in application architecture, database architecture, and networking. · Experience working with external or internal customers to implement large-scale solutions. · Understanding of emerging IoT and Mobile technologies and communications protocols. · Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math. · Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the cloud services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals. · Prior experience in a technical role within a services organization. · Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences. · High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations. · Understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements such as FedRAMP and HIPAA. · Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development life cycle. · Experience in one or more specific IoT / embedded / M2M industry (i.e. home automation, business automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.) · Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems, and/or driver/kernel development. · Experience programming applications backed by cloud services. · Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Hiring movers and shakers passionate about Cloud transformation! Cloud is the new normal and our customers are interested in leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS) to increase agility, improve security, reduce costs and gain global footprint. We are hiring Enterprise Solutions Architects to work with top-tier Enterprise customers. The Solutions Architect engage with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, design reliable and cost-effective cloud native architectures. As an Enterprise Solutions Architect, you will partner with customers, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to create solutions that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. The Solutions Architect is a very technical role - you must be broadly competent across many areas of technology (infrastructure, security, DevOps, databases, application development, analytics) and deep in at least 2-3 of those areas. On the business side, the ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect. The Solutions Architect will spend most of their day interacting with several customer stakeholders, including developers, team leads, engineering directors, and CxOs Here are some other qualities we are looking for: Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with enterprise customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions.
The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer, and pre-sales experience. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS. Roles and Responsibilities · In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS · · As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform · Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud · Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS · Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community · Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers · Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates · Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
· 7+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications or systems architecture · 5+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking · 5+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or consulting · Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math degree desired
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies · Experience architecting/operating solutions build on AWS in complex enterprise environments · Experience in presales and working with large · Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers · Demonstrated thought leadership through publications and public speaking · Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations · Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly · Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud · Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.) Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon Media Group operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display and search advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place. This is an opportunity to sell world-class personalization technologies and drive sales across multiple platforms to mid-to-large brand and performance advertisers. There are also opportunities to grow and retain revenue from existing advertisers. If you have a consultative selling style, yield from media and or marketing world and are ready to deliver strategic advertising solutions to your clients apply today! Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: · Deliver the highest level of sales and customer service to our clients. · Prospect, penetrate and create new relationships with clients. · Drive deals to closure in a new business environment. · Retain and grow revenue from existing advertisers. · Understand Amazon's display advertising opportunities and tools to help build relevant advertising solutions for our advertisers. · Utilize Sales CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly quota goals. · Deliver the highest level of sales and customer service to our clients. · Understand and learn about the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings.
· 3-5 Years of experience selling advertising or advertising like services. · Bachelor's degree. · Work closely with CPG and Grocery Clientele · Deep relationships with Chicago agencies and clients · Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets. · Able to utilize Sales CRM tools such as SalesForce or like program.
· Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment. · Experience selling digital or online media. · Excellent organizational, interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication. · Ability to communicate a large offering of solutions such as programmatic, OOH and TV like solutions along with digital media.