The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) operates the nation's second largest public transportation system and covers the City of Chicago and 35 surrounding suburbs. On an average weekday, approximately 1.6 million rides are taken on the CTA.
“We deliver quality, affordable transit services that link people, jobs and communities.”
We will accomplish our mission with a diverse workforce that is:
- Courteous - We will create a pleasant environment for ourselves and our customers.
- Innovative - We will seek out and encourage employees who initiate change, improvement, learning and advancement of our goals.
- Motivated - We will meet each task with spirit, enthusiasm and a sense of pride to be second to none.
- Professional - We will provide transit service with the highest standards of quality and safety for our customers and ourselves.
- Reliable - We will be dependable for our customers and fellow employees, and will maintain the highest standards of trust.
- Results-Oriented - We will focus on getting the job done and will derive personal satisfaction from the service we provide.